5 important tips to help you crack the medical entrance examination
NEET 2019, Less than a month to go – 5 important tips to help you crack the medical entrance examination: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2019 for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in the country is less than a month away. National testing Agency, NTA would be conducting the NEET 2019 examination on May 5, 2019. The examination would be in pen and paper format. NTA would release the admit cards on Monday, April 15, 2019. With less than a month to go, here are 5 important tips to help you crack the medical entrance examination.
Students are advised to remember that the admit cards would be released on http://www.ntaneet.nic.in. No official notification would be sent to students. Hence, remember the date and download the admit card at the earliest. Important instructions, roll number and examination centre would be availabel on NEET 2019 admit card. Related New | NEET 2019 Admit Cards to be released on April 15, 2019 on ntaneet.nic.in – 5 important instructions
5 important tips to help you crack NEET 2019
- Understand the paper pattern and prepare a focussed approach to NEET prep. The fact remains that being expansive in your preparation is important. However, with competitive examination, it is also important to be distinguished in a few topics. With limited time and rather extensive syllabus, it is important to identify a few topics which usually cater to the lion’s share in the examination and be thorough with them. Understanding and assessing the paper pattern would help students score better and improve their accuracy.
- Emphasize on important topics. Mr Anand Nagarajan, Academic head for school division, T.I.M.E. Chennai recommend Modern Physics and Organic Chemistry as the focus topics. Also, Mr. Rajshekhar Ratrey of Toppr suggests that students should focus on Chemical Bonding and Co-ordination Compounds, General Organic Chemistry and Carbonyl Compounds, and Chemical Kinetics & Thermochemistry in Chemistry. Important topics for Physics as laid out by Mr. Ratrey are Mechanics, Electrodynamics, and Optics. As for Biology section, the focus topics are more varied. Experts recommend students to be thorough with genetics and human physiology, animal kingdom. General awareness about the common diseases is also recommended as well as various health care programs and initiatives.
- Focus on NCERT. With a month still to go, students are advised to go through the Class 11 and 12 NCERT books for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The examination, please remember, is based on the NCERT books. With abundance of reference material, students may overlook a few topics. It is hence to go back to the NCERT textbooks and be thorough with the syllabus once again.
- Create mind maps for various formula and important names. Mind Maps is a technique where in one associates one particular object or rhythm or story to facilitate easy and quick recall. An example may be associating the various reactions of benzene ring to say different kinds of friends – from volatile to non-reactive. Students have also shared methods where in an entire process was converted into a pictorial story to help recall.
- Last but not the least would be mock tests. Experts usually advise students to focus only on mock tests in the last week or 10 days before the examination. The repeated mock tests help students quickly revise and also improve on their accuracy by solving questions in a time mannered fashion.